Monday, July 16, 2007

I don't want to live to be 100...


Okay, I talk about this issue with people quite often, and in my opinion, adding quantity to my life w/o some guarantee for quality is just a waste of time.....last time I did one of those online tests, it told me I could expect to make 77 if I keep running every week. Great, no more ice cream if I want to make 80. But what if my knee goes out? What if my heart stops working? What if my brain goes at 75 and I spend 5 years torturing my family members by telling the same story over and over and over....no thanks. If you like this topic, read the story at the link and let me know what you think.....at least we don't have Altzheimers yet...


3 Comments:

Blogger digapigmy said...

i don't want to live to 100. i'm pretty sure a lot of my money will run out, health care will be too expensive, and my kids will all be 80 or over -- far too old to take care of me. screw that. i like jack-in-the-box. i run so jack-in-the-box doesn't push me to 250. i like beer and fried foods. i'll croak in my 70's and we'll all be happy.

11:21 AM  
Blogger digapigmy said...

or i'll get hit by a bus and it won't matter how healthy i am. (i would kind of like to go out in a spectacular fashion like that - imagine a huge object hurtling towards you being the last thing you see)

11:22 AM  
Blogger Jeni said...

My great-grandmother lived to 100 but she didn't know who any of us were for the last 15 years of that. I'd rather have 80 awesome years with my mind fully in tact than 100 with 15% of them spent oblivious to the world. Then again, my other grandmother's 87 with no sign of her mind going. I think unless something unusual happens, I am destined/doomed to live to an old age...

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home