Friday, January 16, 2009

Singers who can't sing....I've been saying this for years


Okay, so I was at Spirit West Coast once, and granted, it was the smaller stage and during the day, but I see this guy who is an amazing rapper, almost on par with Eminem, and then he starts this song where he actually has to sing, and no lie, he didn't hit even one note right during the entire song. It was excruciatingly painful to watch, but didn't stop the guy from doing it. I think this article finally explains what I've always wondered about.

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/getback/53773;_ylt=Arg23iUlN5GbUvN685tS514exCUv

2 Comments:

Blogger scoeyd said...

I read an article out of an Ivy League school - a study that showed that the very skills necessary to tell if oneself is competent in an area, like, say, singing, are absent in the incompetent. Meaning, they really DO think they're good singers. And they can't, literally, tell that they aren't.

William Hung? What, what?!

Enjoy the hockey game!

7:26 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I was surfing youtube looking for a video of a song with "friendly" arrangement & am now convinced of 2 things:
1- the studio covers a multitude of mistakes
2- good singers are really good

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home